The Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.

HomeFront PageGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eberron One

Go down 
+3
Cole
ehiker133
DM
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
migellito

migellito

Eberron One - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime15th December 2010, 6:43 pm

Llama wrote:
Jaral leans in close to softly reply, "I'm not one to worry about blasphemy, and it is not my place to say who the gods have given a soul and who they have not." He straightens up and loudly announces to the crowd inside the inn, "You are fortunate to have such greatness in your employ! A round on me!", in hopes the staff overhears the compliment. He is certain to give each employee a generous tip

ooc - Had to do some background reading on the Eberron setting; I really don't know much about the social status of Warforged.

[this is Mike, logged in from the library]
Background reading is cool Smile The warforged in my version are generally worse off socially than the published version, and fully sentient ones are relatively rare. Even the others aren't as widespread, because I've taken into account the incredible expense involved in producing them. Smile
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime15th December 2010, 10:39 pm

You done flirtin' with the WF, Llama? Very Happy

[IC]
After a good night's rest, Caby grabs a quick bite to eat downstairs before she heads out to pick up her new armour and her pendant. With those two errands accomplished, she'll meet up with everyone back at the Blacktree Inn so they can all head over to the Swan Inn to speak with Lord Vom's secretary.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime20th December 2010, 2:14 pm

Before heading over to the Swan Inn, Caby suggests they stock up on a few more supplies, now that they have the means of carrying them.

She'll purchase:
A winter blanket
A spare quiver and a score of arrows (24)
Spare torches ( 8 )
50' hemp rope

This will all be carried on Mitch the pony.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime20th December 2010, 2:20 pm

Jaral, upon returning to the bank in the morning you have a message waiting from Grabe:

"Inn going well. The money helps. Lots of business, people wanting to hear about you. Send updates."
Back to top Go down
http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet
Name: Jaral Barrelstout

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime20th December 2010, 3:31 pm

Jaral smiles while reading the letter. He carefully folds it away into a pocket and returns to the inn. He shows it to Caby. "I'm used to listening to other people's stories! Now they want to hear mine. Who would have imagined?"

Jaral agrees that it is a good time to pick up some supplies. He purchases a bedroll, winter blanket, quiver and arrows, and 50' of silk rope, if available locally. He then returns to the inn to await the others.

ooc - And just like that, he's damn near broke again. hehe
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime20th December 2010, 3:43 pm

OOC:
Well, you'll have a bit more gold in your pockets once we visit the secretary and get 50 GP each for our earlier troubles. Plus, you HAS a pony now!

Oh, and we could probably sell Franz now that we have steeds. That should get some of it back for ya...

Wait a sec... how in the hell are you broke already???

Did you remember to add in your share from the last adventure?

Quote :

So final division is:
Caby - 44 gp, 470 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Ducats - 44 gp, 470 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Jaral - 44 gp, 470 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Tagor - 44 gp, 470 ep, 7 sp, 375 cp
Reeks - 20 gp, 235 ep, 3 sp, 500 cp
Karl's family - 500 cp, 3 ep, 4 sp

There is a Treasure Log thread here:

https://thebasement.rpg-board.net/t68-party-treasure-log
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime20th December 2010, 3:45 pm

Oh, wait... you sent some $$ back to the bar, didn't you? Forgot about that...
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime20th December 2010, 4:20 pm

Llama wrote:
Jaral smiles while reading the letter. He carefully folds it away into a pocket and returns to the inn. He shows it to Caby. "I'm used to listening to other people's stories! Now they want to hear mine. Who would have imagined?"

Jaral agrees that it is a good time to pick up some supplies. He purchases a bedroll, winter blanket, quiver and arrows, and 50' of silk rope, if available locally. He then returns to the inn to await the others.

ooc - And just like that, he's damn near broke again. hehe

Yes, all available locally, in various shops downtown. As you gradually fill out more supplies, you're beginning to learn where things are around the downtown area.
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime20th December 2010, 6:26 pm

ehiker133 wrote:

You make it sound so cheap and tawdry.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime21st December 2010, 1:50 pm

Llama wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:

You make it sound so cheap and tawdry.

I'm not the one sending money back to a bar... Who KNOWS what sordid past you might have that you need to send so much money back to an established business. You probably hire all of your illegitimate children to work in the kitchens for a copper a day.

bounce Question Suspect

(not sure what inspired the above combination of smilies...)

Can we just /drag Cole along and assume he had a very nice breakfast of kippers and buttered toast until he chimes in? Promise not to /drag him into a dungeon!
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime3rd January 2011, 6:06 pm

Your small band arrives in downtown Vulyar, at the main crossroads in the center of town where the large fountain is. The large 3 floor building on the northeast corner of the crossroads is The Swan Inn.

Entering The Swan, you are immediately aware that this is the inn of choice for those with larger reserves of gold. If you hadn't already been out to Castle Bors, this would be the most extravagant and elegant building either of the halflings had ever been inside. Neither an eating area or bar are immediately apparent, as you have entered into a large foyer with several doors and an ornate stairway. There are several people in here, and a man behind a counter near the back of the room asks "may I help you, ladies and gentlemen?"
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime3rd January 2011, 6:23 pm

Caby steps forward and says, "At the request of Lord Vom, we are here to see his secretary."
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime3rd January 2011, 8:27 pm

"Ah yes, you are expected. Bortzig, would you please show them up to Lord Vom's rooms?"

A thin older man comes forward, and saying "valk dis vay, please" he begins climbing the stairs. You eventually find yourselves on the 3rd floor of the building, and the man knocks on a door. When it's answered he says "guests of his Lordship, sir" and you are invited inside by a tall young man in a black waistcoat. "I am Decken. Please, come in and have a seat."

He directs you toward a large, ornately gothic desk with several chairs pulled in front of it. After he sits down behind the desk he produces 5 platinum dragons (worth 10 gold ea.) for each of you.

"Do you have any plans for the immediate future?" he asks.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime4th January 2011, 1:02 am

Quietly palming her five platinum dragons (I assume those are coins, right?), Caby glances at the rest of the party to confirm they are all thinking the same thing as her, which is, "not really, but we'd be up for something...".

She casually sits back in her chair and says, "Nothing that couldn't be delayed if something important came up..."
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime5th January 2011, 12:37 am

DM wrote:

"Do you have any plans for the immediate future?" he asks.

Ducats' eyes shift back and forth, nervously, from Decken, to Caby, to the money, then to Caby, then over at the wall.

"Um... are we not supposed to leave town, you sayin'?"
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime6th January 2011, 6:01 pm

"Not at all, my good man, not at all." You all now realize this man, Decken, doesn't have the familiar Karnnathi accent. To your ears he seems to be Brelish.

"On the contrary, there are a whole range of opportunities similar to the one for which you have most recently so well accounted. Late last evening I received a list of concerns currently troubling the Countess ir'Borutau, as well as a suggestion from Lord Vom. His lordship inquires as to your small company returning to Vom for the purpose of consulting there with his steward, and with the potential advice of ascertaining the origin near or beyond the borders of his lands of that previous infestation of goblins."

He lays a parchment on the desk with a elaborate wax seal. "Here is the Countess' list."

He then lays down a rolled parchment, sealed closed with a similar but different wax impression. "Here is a commission from Lord Vom to his steward, identifying and empowering your company."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime6th January 2011, 6:11 pm

"So am I correct, Master Decken, in my understanding that the list of troubling concerns from the Countess ir'Borutau contains information unrelated to the concerns Lord Vom has? Or do these coincide in any way?"

Caby reaches to pick up the parchment from Countess ir'Borutau, but suddenly hesitates.

"We are but a small party - we will have to address the issues one at a time, and after much discussion among all of those involved. By accepting either scroll, are we in any way legally binding ourselves to address all issues contained within said scrolls?"
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime6th January 2011, 6:32 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
"So am I correct, Master Decken, in my understanding that the list of troubling concerns from the Countess ir'Borutau contains information unrelated to the concerns Lord Vom has? Or do these coincide in any way?"

Caby reaches to pick up the parchment from Countess ir'Borutau, but suddenly hesitates.

"We are but a small party - we will have to address the issues one at a time, and after much discussion among all of those involved. By accepting either scroll, are we in any way legally binding ourselves to address all issues contained within said scrolls?"

To your first question, he says "as far as is now known, they are unrelated." After your second question, he smiles broadly. "His lordship was right about you. The Countess' list is binding only in confidentiality. You must not share the information openly among the public, beyond that necessary for their undertaking, but it remains your choice as to any action taken upon the items. In the case of Lord Vom's commission, upon his steward breaking the seal you are indeed bound to complete it, to the best of your ability, and to the reasonable satisfaction of those involved. However, you are then likewise granted a range of rights and privileges within his demesne, both conditions being within reason and for a period of time limited to the undertaking."

[I will update with the Countess' list later this evening.]
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime6th January 2011, 11:43 pm

Caby nods and says, "Then we will accept Countess ir'Borutau's list for further review and discussion. However, I cannot in good conscious make a decision that legally binds all of us to a contract without first discussing this with my associates. I wonder how many hasty warriors have found themselves indentured to Lord Vom by opening the scroll without being aware of the legalities... Master Decken, please allow us a few minutes of privacy to discuss it."

She leads the rest of the party to a corner of the room, directing them to huddle in a circle. Then she asks, "In regards to Lord Vom's terms... are they agreeable to all here? His first act with us was to take it on our faith that we had cleared out a nest of goblins and pay us accordingly. He could very easily have asked us to go back to Vom and return with proof of our actions. I, for one, think he would be a fair employer - more fair than most we could work for, anyway. What say the rest of you?"
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime7th January 2011, 5:21 pm

ehiker133 wrote:

She leads the rest of the party to a corner of the room, directing them to huddle in a circle. Then she asks, [color=orange]"In regards to Lord Vom's terms... are they agreeable to all here? His first act with us was to take it on our faith that we had cleared out a nest of goblins and pay us accordingly. He could very easily have asked us to go back to Vom and return with proof of our actions. I, for one, think he would be a fair employer - more fair than most we could work for, anyway. What say the rest of you?"

"Maybe he already had proof?"
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime7th January 2011, 5:30 pm

"But maybe he is using us for some nefarious purpose. I'm sure it's not the case, but overly generous folks make me nervous."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime7th January 2011, 5:42 pm

Caby stares at Jaral and pointedly says, "You would not be here if you were not an overly generous person, uncle."

Then she smiles at him to let him know she appreciates his help.

"I sense Count Vom is a good person, trying to restore some semblance of order to the area he rules. I think we should help him."
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime8th January 2011, 7:53 pm

The Countess’ List:

The order of items following is an artefact of Our memory, and should not be taken as a guide to priority.
a. A number of warforged units no less than eleven have gone missing from Our garrison at Vulyar. They are under the command of Captain Sigor Thul. We would know the reason for their disappearance, as well as their current disposition.
b. Although several brigands involved in raids upon the Orien East Train have been brought to justice, and the attacks have been slowed, their assumed leader and their remaining force remain at large. We would see these bandits rooted out, their den discovered and emptied, and their leader delivered unto Us to receive justice.
c. The thorp of Karnel, lying some 120 miles northwest of Vulyar along the Gloomwater River, has seen its children and elderly begin to sicken. A pallor has begun to move among the sturdier members of Karnel, and the vokt (reeve) believes the sickness to be carried upon the river. We would know the source of this disease in Our County, and see it cleansed before it finds its way along the Gloomwater to Vulyar.
d. The vokt of Brom, a thorp east of Vom, has reported seeing suspicious persons moving through the Spider Woods. We would know of any threat to Our subjects there.
e. If in any of your endeavors in Our County, you should discover a device, the Clockwork Eye, We would have you deliver it unto Our Person with utmost alacrity and confidentiality. Naught but the name of the device is known to Us, other than a purported ability of enhanced sight.
f. Rabon VonBrom was divested of his lands and titles by Our grandfather, Count Vigor ir’Borutau, in the earliest days of the Great War. Castle Brom was razed in the process, and many of Our subjects left the village. It has come to Our attention that an opening possibly leading to the dungeons beneath has been spotted near the ruins. We would know that none seek to expose these recesses or resurrect their foul industry.
You shall be supplied with Our sealed warrant, enabling fair query and action pursuant to commission of these items.
You shall be provided limited use of Our Brass Raven pursuant to commission of these items.
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime8th January 2011, 8:09 pm

ehiker133 wrote:

"I sense Count Vom is a good person, trying to restore some semblance of order to the area he rules. I think we should help him."

"We ought to at least help the people he's supposed to be helping."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime8th January 2011, 10:12 pm

"Well said, Ducats. Do we all agree, then, to accept Lord Vom's contract? The Countess has some interesting things on her list, as well, but for some reason I feel compelled to help the people of Vom first. We should, at the very least, tuck this list from the Countess away, to be addressed if and when possible at a later date."

She walks back to Decken and picks up Lord Vom's scroll.

"Do we bring this intact up to his steward in Vom? Or do we break the seal here to forge our bargain? It might be nice to know what he has in mind so we can determine what supplies we need to bring with us and if we will even be a large enough party to achieve his goals - our previous experience in Vom taught us to be more prepared."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 31 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eberron One
Page 31 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 35 ... 40  Next