Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.
 
HomeFront PageCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Eberron Two

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Eberron Two   18th February 2011, 10:48 am

Caby will stay hidden where she is as long as she can keep eyes on the two newly arrived warforged and the one she is supposed to be watching.

Just in case, she checks to make sure her sword is lose in the scabbard...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   18th February 2011, 1:05 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby will stay hidden where she is as long as she can keep eyes on the two newly arrived warforged and the one she is supposed to be watching.

Just in case, she checks to make sure her sword is lose in the scabbard...

The two new warforged have gone past your hiding place now, and are headed toward the one you've been watching. Suddenly, you realize there is someone else right next to you, just this moment hiding themselves in the bushes. After a tense moment you recognize Ducats' hair!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   18th February 2011, 1:40 pm

Caby whispers as quietly as she can, "Ducats! You almost scared me to death! ...But I'm glad you're here."

She continues to monitor the progress of the two warforged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   18th February 2011, 8:20 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby whispers as quietly as she can, "Ducats! You almost scared me to death! ...But I'm glad you're here."

She continues to monitor the progress of the two warforged.

Ducats whips his head sideways and for a moment is a mask of white-faced terror. He looks like he is about to scream before clapping his own hand over his mouth. After a moment, he relaxes a bit, nods, and then nervously points a finger toward the warforged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   18th February 2011, 9:53 pm

The two warforged have reached the third working on the road. You see their silhouettes rising up against the worker's lantern on the roadway. It is extremely quiet. You hear a short phrase spoken, but can't quite make out the sounds. It might be elven. The worker then puts down his tools and all three walk south on the cart path, about 20 yards past the lantern. They stand there, as though waiting for something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   19th February 2011, 12:09 am

Caby whispers, "What do you think they're waiting for?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   19th February 2011, 12:11 am

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby whispers, "What do you think they're waiting for?"

Ducats whispers, "More warforged, I reckon."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   19th February 2011, 1:03 am

Going off of her hunch from the tracks they found the previous morning, Caby starts watching the sky for signs of one of the flying transports.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   19th February 2011, 1:26 am

After what seems like an interminably long time waiting for something to happen in the cold, watching the three warforged on the road, you hear a strange sound in the distance to the south. Instantly, the hair on the back of your neck stands on end.

As it gets slightly louder, Ducats recognises it as the tortured sound of a trapped air elemental, bound to a small airship. You see no sign of the telltale glowing ring, however.

Soon, you sense more than see a large shape blot out a portion of the dark sky. The lantern sitting in the road reflects off glass and metal along the bottom of something in the air. You see the vague outline of a railing at the front, and thrown over this is a dangling rope. The air vibrates with the metallic shriek of an elemental enclosed within the upper shadows of the hovering shape.

The warforged approach the rope, and begin climbing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   19th February 2011, 3:33 am

Can we see any distinguishing features on the airship? Or get some idea of its size?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   19th February 2011, 1:29 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Can we see any distinguishing features on the airship? Or get some idea of its size?

It seems like the bridge is on the bottom, and the small area of open deck with the railing is above and forward of that. It's extremely dark, but it seems to be about 50 feet long.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   19th February 2011, 4:33 pm

We'll continue to observe the warforged as they leave, trying to take note of anything else important. When they're done/gone, we'll continue to stay hidden for another few minutes, just to make sure.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   19th February 2011, 4:36 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
We'll continue to observe the warforged as they leave, trying to take note of anything else important. When they're done/gone, we'll continue to stay hidden for another few minutes, just to make sure.

Works for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   19th February 2011, 6:15 pm

After the last of the three warforged climbs over the railing, the rope is drawn up behind them. The dark shape slowly turns, reflecting brown wood or metal, brass, and glass. You hear a windy snapping sound, and it begins to move off toward the south/southwest, gradually gaining altitude.

[the image above should be interpreted as what your mind's eye builds upon the scant shadowy information your eyes actually collected.]

The lantern burns, alone, out in the road. A breeze picks up, rattling the dead leaves around your hiding place, and reminding you of the cold. Soon, it's been at least ten minutes since you saw anything move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   20th February 2011, 12:31 am

"Well, Ducats... not really much use in waiting here, is there? Should we head back to town? Maybe we can just stay at the inn and then get to the barracks first thing in the morning before the wagon goes out."

As they're walking back to town, Caby asks, "So what happened with the two warforged you were watching? Did they just up and walk this way?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   21st February 2011, 10:51 pm

Caby and Ducats (now with Cash retrieved from town) arrive at the Blacktree Inn. Adolf wonders if you have any news?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   21st February 2011, 11:11 pm

OOC: Assuming Ducats told Caby about the earlier events...

IC: "We don't have a whole lot of information, yet. It sounds like there might be some elf involvement, though..." Caby tells Adolf about the events of the previous night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   22nd February 2011, 9:27 am

ehiker133 wrote:
"Well, Ducats... not really much use in waiting here, is there? Should we head back to town? Maybe we can just stay at the inn and then get to the barracks first thing in the morning before the wagon goes out."

As they're walking back to town, Caby asks, "So what happened with the two warforged you were watching? Did they just up and walk this way?"

"I think they got led off."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   22nd February 2011, 1:41 pm

Adolf is more concerned now than ever, but is glad to have more information. He's also thankful for your help, and says not to worry about the fees for food and rooms tonight.

In the morning Caby and Ducats arrive out by the garrison keep just as the wagon is being hitched up outside the gate by a couple of warforged who then climb into the wagon. Soon, Lt. Albrecht Jung arrives with 4 more warforged, who also climb into the wagon, and the two outriders. He is a bit surprised to see you, and heads over to you right away, saying "good morning, I didn't expect to see you here."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   22nd February 2011, 1:47 pm

Caby reports the happenings of the previous night to Lt. Albrecht.

And then adds, "... I think it might be premature to assume the elves are responsible for the disappearing warforged until we have more proof. From what I understand, there is already tension between the elves and the humans in this area - it could be the result of a small faction of elves or it could be that someone is playing off of this known problem to try and push the animosity to some sort of breaking point."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   22nd February 2011, 2:09 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby reports the happenings of the previous night to Lt. Albrecht.

And then adds, "... I think it might be premature to assume the elves are responsible for the disappearing warforged until we have more proof. From what I understand, there is already tension between the elves and the humans in this area - it could be the result of a small faction of elves or it could be that someone is playing off of this known problem to try and push the animosity to some sort of breaking point."

"It's odd.. elves don't generally like warforged. They don't use them. You couldn't make out what the words were?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   22nd February 2011, 2:25 pm

Caby looks over at Ducats...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   22nd February 2011, 3:53 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby looks over at Ducats...

Ducats looks back blankly.

"Er, I think it was Elf, don't quote me on it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   22nd February 2011, 4:27 pm

Caby shrugs and say, "I only heard a short phrase spoken. It didn't sound like anything I'd ever heard before."

"Should we pick up the rest of the party and return to report what we found so far to Captain Thul?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   22nd February 2011, 4:36 pm

Albrecht says "hmmm.. I wonder if they said the same thing both times."

He then mounts up, invites you up onto the wagon, and instructs the warforged driver to take you to the first location in the town, the old cemetery with the broken wall.

When you arrive, Tagor is walking toward the wagon before it stops. He looks nervous. "I didn't see anything all night." The warforged is still working on the wall, and you can see what progress has been made since yesterday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   

Back to top Go down
 
Eberron Two
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 11Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Basement :: Eberron - Labyrinth Lord :: The Party-
Jump to: