Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.
 
HomeFront PageCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Eberron One

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 1:35 am

ehiker133 wrote:
[IC]
Caby stands out of the way of the pole and cuts the rope with her sword. Once the trap goes off, she'll dismantle it (pry it off the door and set it aside) and open the door for Tagor and Ducats.

She says, "There doesn't appear to be anyone here, but keep an eye out, anyway, just in case."

After that, she'll move into the kitchen and see if anything looks out of the ordinary there.

[ooc] no trap at the back? does it seem like the trap could be rejiggered to attack the back door?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 1:43 am

ehiker133 wrote:
[IC]
Caby stands out of the way of the pole and cuts the rope with her sword. Once the trap goes off, she'll dismantle it (pry it off the door and set it aside) and open the door for Tagor and Ducats.

She says, "There doesn't appear to be anyone here, but keep an eye out, anyway, just in case."

After that, she'll move into the kitchen and see if anything looks out of the ordinary there.

It swings down into the door with a nasty crunch!

The kitchen has been thoroughly ransacked. Everything is overturned, gone through, and tossed over. The back door is at the back of the kitchen, and is trapped in similar fashion to the front door.

Looking at the trap, Ducats, you think the one at the front could be re-used.

Cash Money, as soon as he's inside, begins sniffing around and then growling. He comes over to you, Ducats, and looks up with that 'I'm trying to tell you something' look that dogs get.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 1:49 am

DM wrote:
[Cash Money, as soon as he's inside, begins sniffing around and then growling. He comes over to you, Ducats, and looks up with that 'I'm trying to tell you something' look that dogs get.

"Hey, what is it, boy? You found somethin?"

[ooc] I'll make a "shhh" gesture to my comrades, then follow him if he leads anywhere - I'm just barely smart enough to know the dog is more the brains of the operation than I am.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 1:57 am

Cole wrote:
DM wrote:
[Cash Money, as soon as he's inside, begins sniffing around and then growling. He comes over to you, Ducats, and looks up with that 'I'm trying to tell you something' look that dogs get.

"Hey, what is it, boy? You found somethin?"

[ooc] I'll make a "shhh" gesture to my comrades, then follow him if he leads anywhere - I'm just barely smart enough to know the dog is more the brains of the operation than I am.

lol Smile

He leads you back over toward the table, scattered with mostly eaten food, and pokes around at something underneath. He has found what appears to be a man's wool undershirt, stained with dried blood. It has a gash in it, clearly the effect of some sort of cutting tool.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:01 am

DM wrote:

He leads you back over toward the table, scattered with mostly eaten food, and pokes around at something underneath. He has found what appears to be a man's wool undershirt, stained with dried blood. It has a gash in it, clearly the effect of some sort of cutting tool.

"Good boy!" Ducats feeds him a bit of meat out of his rations.

[ooc] Is it just lying there, pinned under the table, maybe stuck in a door to the basement??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:05 am

[IC]
Caby looks at the bloody shirt and states the obvious, "That's not a good sign..."

She examines the shirt to determine precisely where the blood and cut are on it, maybe that will help her determine if the wound could have been fatal or if there is some chance the owner of the shirt might still live.

After that, she'll head down the hallway and check out the other two rooms.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:12 am

Cole wrote:
DM wrote:

He leads you back over toward the table, scattered with mostly eaten food, and pokes around at something underneath. He has found what appears to be a man's wool undershirt, stained with dried blood. It has a gash in it, clearly the effect of some sort of cutting tool.

"Good boy!" Ducats feeds him a bit of meat out of his rations.

[ooc] Is it just lying there, pinned under the table, maybe stuck in a door to the basement??

It's just lying there amongst the jumble of things under the table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:16 am

ehiker133 wrote:
[IC]
Caby looks at the bloody shirt and states the obvious, "That's not a good sign..."

She examines the shirt to determine precisely where the blood and cut are on it, maybe that will help her determine if the wound could have been fatal or if there is some chance the owner of the shirt might still live.

After that, she'll head down the hallway and check out the other two rooms.


It looks like it was a chest wound.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:16 am

The member 'DM' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd20' :
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:24 am

As the three of you are standing here, watching Cash munch on the rations, your eyes wander to the food leavings on the table. It looks like the leavings of more than one meal, certainly. Also, it appears to have been mostly cooked meat, which agrees with the tossed about and abandoned vegetables in the kitchen.

Then, all 3 of you realise that some of the bones left on the table, and that lie about on the floor don't look right for sheep or pigs. A couple are just too large, but even the smaller ones aren't right, and the longer you look, the more disturbingly familiar they become.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:34 am

DM wrote:
As the three of you are standing here, watching Cash munch on the rations, your eyes wander to the food leavings on the table. It looks like the leavings of more than one meal, certainly. Also, it appears to have been mostly cooked meat, which agrees with the tossed about and abandoned vegetables in the kitchen.

Then, all 3 of you realise that some of the bones left on the table, and that lie about on the floor don't look right for sheep or pigs. A couple are just too large, but even the smaller ones aren't right, and the longer you look, the more disturbingly familiar they become.

Ducats abruptly vomits in the middle of the floor.

after catching his breath, looking deliberately away from the table, says "Caby, can you tell what kinda teeth might've chewed on them?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:41 am

[IC]
Caby prods one of the larger bones around with the tip of her sword to see if she can get a better look at the teeth marks - maybe she can recognize what might have done it.

"If...," she gulps, "If they cooked... him... then they have to be of some intelligence, not anything mindless like an undead. Right?" She looks at Ducats hopefully.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:49 am

ehiker133 wrote:
[IC]
Caby prods one of the larger bones around with the tip of her sword to see if she can get a better look at the teeth marks - maybe she can recognize what might have done it.

"If...," she gulps, "If they cooked... him... then they have to be of some intelligence, not anything mindless like an undead. Right?" She looks at Ducats hopefully.

It looks like the teeth were sharp. You also realize you're poking around a femur that's roughly the same size as your own.

Having finished his snack, Cash is sniffing the seat of one of the chairs, and growling slightly. There doesn't appear to be anything there though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:52 am

[I'll go ahead and assume that Tagor is currently reciting prayers at top speed]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:52 am

[color=orange]
DM wrote:
Having finished his snack, Cash is sniffing the seat of one of the chairs, and growling slightly. There doesn't appear to be anything there though.

"C'mere, Cash."

Ducats will draw his sword, and first use it to tip the chair over.

If nothing scary results from this, he'll take a look at the underside, and if nothing interesting there, he'll use his sword to slice an opening in the chair seat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:53 am

DM wrote:
[I'll go ahead and assume that Tagor is currently reciting prayers at top speed]

[ooc] Haha, so is ducats, in his head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:59 am

Cole wrote:
[color=orange]
DM wrote:
Having finished his snack, Cash is sniffing the seat of one of the chairs, and growling slightly. There doesn't appear to be anything there though.

"C'mere, Cash."

Ducats will draw his sword, and first use it to tip the chair over.

If nothing scary results from this, he'll take a look at the underside, and if nothing interesting there, he'll use his sword to slice an opening in the chair seat.

Nothing unusual reveals itself.. apparently a completely normal chair. Cash maintains his displeasure with it, and with a few other specific spots as well, although there seems to be nothing unusual in the locations.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 3:01 am

DM wrote:

Nothing unusual reveals itself.. apparently a completely normal chair. Cash maintains his displeasure with it, and with a few other specific spots as well, although there seems to be nothing unusual in the locations.

"Maybe it's just where the monsters has been."

Ducats looks very scared for a moment.

"Aren't they such of a thing as smart undeads, Caby?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
chaosclockwork

avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2010-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 4:38 am

After taking some time to compose himself, Tagor looks up.

"Well, technically, there are a lot of 'dead' things that can think better than the rank-and-file troops that Karrnath uses. There's all sorts of tales of witches and wizards that did...unpleasant things to linger on after death. Even some religions wrapped around it - I'm not sure I believe it, but to hear some tell it, the Elves worship the ghosts of their ancestors!

"What worries me, though, is a pretty horrifying thought - maybe they weren't undead. Maybe they were just...well, war sometimes does bad things to people's minds. It could be that the men in that Claw are just mad. Mad enough to start...to start eating..."

He coughs. "Regardless, once we've seen everything we can, I'd like us to take the, um...the remains, and see that they get a proper burial, out in the field there."

He then re-arms himself, and makes sure his holy symbols are in close reach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 10:49 am

[IC]
Caby looks back and forth at the spots where Cash is growling, trying to see if she can detect anything unusual.

Finally giving up, she says, "The bones were chewed on by someone (or someTHING) with sharp teeth, but that's all I can tell. That femur, " she points to the bone she was examining, "is about the same size as mine... I don't suspect they were eating halflings, though..." She pauses for a moment and then continues, "Anything that can do something like this to children is... we cannot let this continue!" She looks to Tagor and Ducats with a wild, feral look in her eyes.

Then she takes a few deep breaths to compose herself and looks back at Tagor, "Yes, that is something we can do, Tagor. First, let us make sure and check out the rest of the house. Keep an eye out for anything that might tell us more about this evil we must stamp out!"

Caby sets her jaw in determination and starts down the hallway, sword drawn, to check out the two rooms she'd seen doorways to before.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 11:34 am

ehiker133 wrote:
[size=16][IC]
"Anything that can do something like this to children is... we cannot let this continue!" ]

"Anything that can do something like this to my ass I don't want continuining neither!"

[ooc] While Caby is searching, Ducats will set the "knives in the face" trap up for the back door if he can easily do so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:22 pm

The horrific revelations of the past few minutes leave the three of you with..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:22 pm

The member 'DM' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd4' :
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 2:29 pm

... 2 insanity points each.

Ducats, you see that the back door is already rigged with a similar trap. You notice, however, some dirty tracks on the sill of the lower kitchen window. It's a bit trickier, but you are up the task of trapping the window with a 'knives in the face' contraption if you wish. You can accomplish it successfully without any die rolls.

The short hallway has a total of three doors letting off it, and all are open. All three are bedrooms, and have been completely turned over. You find no further horrors within the rooms, but can see from the clothing strewn about that the Zeeg family has (or had) a mother, father, and multiple children of various ages.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   5th November 2010, 3:10 pm

Is there anything else you'd all like to do within the house, other than gathering the remains for burial?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   

Back to top Go down
 
Eberron One
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Basement :: Eberron - Labyrinth Lord :: The Party-
Jump to: