The Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.

HomeFront PageGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eberron One

Go down 
+3
Cole
ehiker133
DM
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet
Name: Jaral Barrelstout
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

Eberron One - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 8:20 pm

Jaral frown a bit and stands. "I'll see what I can do..."

ooc - should be no problem, my rolls are so low recently. Razz
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 8:20 pm

The member 'Llama' has done the following action : Roll dice

#1 'd20' :
Eberron One - Page 22 D20_210

--------------------------------

#2 'd4' :
Eberron One - Page 22 D04_310
Back to top Go down
http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 9:07 pm

Hit point update
HP

What would you like to do now?
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 9:27 pm

[IC]
Caby says, "Lets leave the weapons and armour until we're done. Alright... let's see where the back of this cave leads, then we can decide a course of action, go up, go down, or go east."

Caby motion for Reeks to follow her with the lantern and heads past the rope to check out the back of the room.
Back to top Go down
http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 9:27 pm

Llama wrote:
Jaral frown a bit and stands. "I'll see what I can do..."

ooc - should be no problem, my rolls are so low recently. Razz

Oh, and nicely done, Llama!

Last edited by ehiker133 on 16th November 2010, 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 9:36 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
[IC]
Caby says, "Lets leave the weapons and armour until we're done. Alright... let's see where the back of this cave leads, then we can decide a course of action, go up, go down, or go east."

Caby motion for Reeks to follow her with the lantern and heads past the rope to check out the back of the room.

Ducats replaces the arrows he shot, and follows Caby.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 10:38 pm

Traveling past the rope, you confirm that the 6 foot hole in the floor is indeed a spiral staircase heading downward. Your lantern light finally reaches the back dirt wall of the chamber, which is a total of 70 feet from the opening onto the ravine. All the walls and ceiling are dirt reinforced with heavy wooden timbers.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 10:53 pm

[IC]
Caby huddles everyone close and away from the rope to talk, then talks in a quiet voice, "Ok, so we have two options. One is to go up the rope and try to catch that bigger goblin. The other is to see what is down the spiral stairs."

She continues, "I'm concerned about going down the stairs, as I don't like the idea of having something at my back (i.e. the bigger goblin). But one of us climbing up the rope is a prime opportunity for him to ambush that person."

[OOC]
Mike, what kind of rolls would we need to do to climb the rope?

[IC]
"Depending on what is up there, there might be a way of getting him out of there - or even killing him without a fight. If we can get a fire going down here that is far enough from the entrance that the smoke has to go up the hole, then maybe we can smoke him out. Or, get enough smoke up there that he loses consciousness or dies from lack of oxygen. We have plenty of wood by way of the old pews across the bridge. The only problem might be if there is an exit up there and he's just going to leave via that exit. Then our plan would be for naught."

"But we do have Cash, and that gives us another option. We could set him to guard the rope and bark if the goblin starts to come down. That would keep our backs covered while we explore down below. Or we could leave Meeks here with Cash to stand guard while we check it out. If it is just a room or two downstairs, then we'd be close by to come back. If it looks like there is a lot going on down there, then we could further discuss our options."

"Can anyone else think of any other options?" She stops and looks at the rest of the party expectantly.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 11:03 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
[size=14]
[OOC]

You're people of action, and it's secured at both ends, no rolls needed Smile
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 11:12 pm

DM wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:
[size=14]
[OOC]

You're people of action, and it's secured at both ends, no rolls needed Smile

"I'm more worried about stickin' my head up a hole with a goblin on top than a goblin comin' down."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 11:26 pm

"Does that mean you want to go down? Or did you have something else in mind?"
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 11:57 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
"Does that mean you want to go down? Or did you have something else in mind?"

Ducats looks a little downtrodden.

"Not less you got a trick up your sleeve."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 12:06 am

[OOC]
Let's wait to see what Llama has to say before we do anything...

But I'm leaning towards having Cash guard the rope and bark if the goblin tries to come down while we check out the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 12:13 am

Jaral seems to recover his self-confidence. He fills his quiver and listens in on the conversation.

"Leaving Cash Money here to watch the rope is a good idea. As long as you think he'll come to us if the ugly thing gets down here with him. But then, he's a smart dog. Let me take a look at where that arrow hit ya, Ducats..."

ooc - taking advantage of poor d20 rolls while I can...
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 12:13 am

The member 'Llama' has done the following action : Roll dice

#1 'd20' :
Eberron One - Page 22 D20_410

--------------------------------

#2 'd4' :
Eberron One - Page 22 D04_210
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 12:15 am

Llama wrote:
Jaral seems to recover his self-confidence. He fills his quiver and listens in on the conversation.

"Leaving Cash Money here to watch the rope is a good idea. As long as you think he'll come to us if the ugly thing gets down here with him. But then, he's a smart dog. Let me take a look at where that arrow hit ya, Ducats..."

ooc - taking advantage of poor d20 rolls while I can...

"I'm just curious whats up there. But I'm worried about a trap."
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 12:29 am

Llama is rocking the heals if Mike allows it!

(Usually binding wounds has to be done right after the battle. He hadn't made the decision of whether or not to allow it at the time, so we couldn't do it then - maybe he'll allow it now.)

(I like the way you're doing that, by the way, Mike - rolling against WIS to see if it works. Better than just rolling 1D4 to see how much it does.)

"I think it is decided, then. Let's leave Cash to watch the rope and warn us if the goblin tries to come down while we check out the stairs. Ducats, you want to set Cash to guarding?"

Caby goes to the pile of equipment by the door and picks up a shield with her left hand. She then tucks it in tight to her body and starts down the stairs, with Jaral and Meeks behind her. Ducats and Tagor will bring up the rear.
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 12:30 am

ehiker133 wrote:
and warn us if the goblin tries to come down while we check out the stairs. Ducats, you want to set Cash to guarding?"[/color]

Okay. Should he wait at the rope itself, or the stairs?
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 12:35 am

Maybe at the top of the stairs, that way we'll hear him more easily if he barks.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 1:06 am

ehiker133 wrote:
Llama is rocking the heals if Mike allows it!

(Usually binding wounds has to be done right after the battle. He hadn't made the decision of whether or not to allow it at the time, so we couldn't do it then - maybe he'll allow it now.)

(I like the way you're doing that, by the way, Mike - rolling against WIS to see if it works. Better than just rolling 1D4 to see how much it does.)

Yeah, I think it's fine this time. I'll adjust the hp.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 8:29 am

[IC]
Once Cash is set to guard the rope while sitting at the top of the stairs, the party will climb down them in the order mentioned earlier.
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 10:19 am

Jaral looks over the shields and picks up one that is less smelly than the others. He fumbles with the straps a bit before figuring out how to use it, but finally heads down the stairs with a sword in one hand and a shield in the other.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 4:35 pm

The spiral stair is completely dark. The stone steps are worn, and after about ten feet down they are also rather damp. The stair spirals clockwise downward, and even though you're not fighting you feel it impinging on the movement of your sword arm. The wall, or 'tube' really, down which you're descending is of solid stone blocks. Shadows cast by your lantern jump disturbingly as you go deeper and deeper, into dank murky depths.

Judging by the height of the steps, you're down some 40 feet so far, and it's still going. You've turned enough times you're not quite sure where east is now.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 5:29 pm

[IC]
Caby pauses...

"It feels like this might go down to the bottom of the ravine or something. Maybe we should try to take out the leader before we go any further. I can shimmy up the rope first and see what it looks like up there..."

Caby turns around and motions for the party to head back up.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime17th November 2010, 5:53 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
[IC]
Caby pauses...

"It feels like this might go down to the bottom of the ravine or something. Maybe we should try to take out the leader before we go any further. I can shimmy up the rope first and see what it looks like up there..."

Caby turns around and motions for the party to head back up.

If all choose to do so, you arrive back up in the Burning Goblin room without incident. The oil has now burned out. The goblin is still burning a bit, peppering the chamber with a sound a bit more unwholesome than frying bacon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 22 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eberron One
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next