Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.
 
HomeFront PageCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Eberron Two

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   25th June 2011, 3:16 am

OOC: Really sucked being in the cube next to him when he had that problem. He's peek his head around the corner to ask a question and I'd be like, "Dude, I'm sorry already! Stop it with the Stink Eye!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   25th June 2011, 3:00 pm

Your combined effort is enough to raise the portcullis to a height of about 5 feet. It does not 'catch' on anything, and will fall again as soon as you stop lifting. The soldier roughly pushes Meier under the spiked bottom bar, hanging onto him until Jaral can get through to hold him at swordpoint again. "We must do dis again.. de gatehouse can only be reached from inside de keep!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   25th June 2011, 3:47 pm

"Ok, one at a time, each of us will go under in turn, then push up on the other side. We'll keep doing this until everyone is through. Then we'll repeat it for the other gate."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   28th June 2011, 1:36 am

You complete the operation successfully! The entire troop, minus horses, are now past the gatehouse. The less injured soldier is holding Meier.

You are in the small area open to the sky, bounded by a low wall on the left, and the side of the stone keep towering over you on the right. Before you lie 6 wide steps with dead brown snow covered grass on either side. The steps lead up to large double doors, which open into the entry chamber. Both doors are closed. From you memory, you know that there are massive iron brackets on the inside, with a huge timber available near to put across the door. You have no idea if it is there or not at the moment.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   28th June 2011, 1:01 pm

Caby turns to Meier, "Where did you say the warforged were? Lead us to them."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   28th June 2011, 4:14 pm

Meier nervously goes up the steps and approaches the doors. Looking back at the soldier first, he then pushes on the right-hand door. It swings inward.

The lamps burn inside, as usual, but there is no one in the room. It is also eerily quiet.

(you are outside in area N and have opened the door to room B)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   28th June 2011, 4:18 pm

"How many warforged are we talking about here, Meier?" Caby asks quietly as they walk into the room.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   28th June 2011, 4:37 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
"How many warforged are we talking about here, Meier?" Caby asks quietly as they walk into the room.

"You saw dem.. the other two in de verkshop. Unless.. somehow dey made it up here and turned de rest.. but.. I don't know how dey would do that."

You all hear a noise in the next room (the mustering hall, C.) Meier is now extremely anxious, and jerks his head toward the open doorway into the mustering hall. "Dey couldn't be turned.. dey veren't prepared.."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   28th June 2011, 4:52 pm

Caby sheathes her sword and unslings her bow. She nocks and arrow and motions for Jaral to do the same.

Then she'll move to position herself so that she can see through the doorway into the next room.

"Identify yourself!" she calls out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   28th June 2011, 4:57 pm

There is no response.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Llama

avatar

Pig
Posts : 153
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 46
Location : Warrenton, MO

Character sheet
Name: Jaral Barrelstout
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   29th June 2011, 3:13 pm

Jaral gives a quick nod to the door, motioning Caby to move forward. He tries to stay in a position that will cover Caby and still provide a shot on Meier if necessary.

ooc: Was out of town for a few days and missed the topical cream conversation. Love topical creams! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   29th June 2011, 3:34 pm

Excellent. What do Caby, Ducats and Finora do now? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   29th June 2011, 4:39 pm

Caby rolls her eyes as she looks at Jaral and mouths the word, "chicken" at him.

Turning her attention back to the door, she slowly pans left and then right to see if she can get a glimpse of what is in the next room and if she can see anyone in it.

When she's close to Meier, she asks, "Meier, what is the purpose of that room through the door?"


If she can't see anyone in the room, she'll call out again, "We have Meier with us. He's safe. Come out and we can talk."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   29th June 2011, 4:49 pm

You know the next room is the mustering hall, room C on the illustration (from a few pages back, but I've attached it again here.) It has
  • a door to an up and down spiral stair tower in the northwest corner
  • a door at the south end of the east wall to the map room where you first consulted with Captain Thul
  • large doors at the north end of the east wall which open onto the ramp to the 'cellar' where the stables, practice area, and workshop are
  • an open archway which lets onto a hallway on the east wall, between the 'stable doors' and the map room door


Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   29th June 2011, 6:03 pm

Caby looks over at Finora and, with raised eye brows, hisses, "You're bigger! We'll cover you!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
SpaceMonkeyX

avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2011-01-04
Location : St. Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Finora the Wolf Slayer
Race: Human
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   29th June 2011, 9:18 pm

Finora replies, "Yes, but you make a smaller target." She glances over at Meier. "I have an idea - let's have him go first."

Finora slides behind Meier and grabs him around the neck, using him as a human shield (OOC: This is apparently a trend with her...). She pulls her dagger and places it to his throat. "What do you say, Meier? Ready to die for your countrymen?"

She pushes him towards the door.

(OOC: If you guys reject to this idea, feel free to stop me.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spacemonkeyx.com
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   29th June 2011, 9:36 pm

Caby does nothing to stop Finora.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   1st July 2011, 4:10 pm

E-Mail Received from the DM:

Quote :
Hey - this ancient computer (seriously 10 years old) does not like the
basement site.. sigh. Plus, I can't remember my login name or password
for the DM account... I'll find it at some point though.

Finora's current Sam Fisher move (if you've played Splinter Cell you
know what I'm talking about) works fine. She has Meier under her
control and they go into the mustering hall. The stable doors (down to
the bottom level where the workshop is) are closed, but the door in
the northwest corner to the spiral stair is open.

There is no movement in the room, but there is the (apparently) dead
body of a soldier next to a knocked-over chair near the open door to
the spiral stair.

The door to the map room is open, but it's hard to tell about any
possible doors down the hallway that cuts into the east wall.

(Mike's PC crashed so he's on an old backup.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   5th July 2011, 10:49 am

Caby once again draws her sword and cautiously approaches the fallen soldier to check and see if he is still alive.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   3rd October 2011, 3:29 pm

The soldier is not breathing, and blood trails from his mouth down into his shirt. It is not yet dry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   3rd October 2011, 3:56 pm

"Let's move into the Mustering hall and see what made that noise," Caby whispers. She turns to make sure everyone is behind her and ready to go before she opens the door to the Mustering hall.

Once everyone is ready, she'll open the door.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   3rd October 2011, 4:00 pm

You're currently in the Mustering Hall. Perhaps you mean the big double doors leading to the ramp going down to the stable/workshop/practice area?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   3rd October 2011, 4:07 pm

Nope, sorry. I thought we'd not yet entered the mustering hall. I guess I read it wrong.

Yeah, let's go down there. There were soldiers there before, practicing. Maybe we'll luck out.


Caby suddenly realizes they are ALREADY in the Mustering hall and so leads the others down the ramp to the practice area/workshop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   6th October 2011, 8:10 pm

As you open the doors to the lower level, you are assaulted by a wave of noise coming up from below - the clash and shouts of fighting. The same bracketed torches lead down the ramp to the right-turning corner landing you descended earlier this morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   7th October 2011, 10:21 am

"Let's go!" Caby shouts, as she charges down the ramp to see what's going on. "Someone keep a close eye on Meier!"

(Maybe our NPC cleric, Tagor?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   

Back to top Go down
 
Eberron Two
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Basement :: Eberron - Labyrinth Lord :: The Party-
Jump to: