The Basement
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.

HomeFront PageGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Eberron One

Go down 
+3
Cole
ehiker133
DM
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet
Name: Jaral Barrelstout
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

Eberron One - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 10:24 am

ooc - you got it, E!

Jaral pulls another arrow from his quiver. He taps the shaft on his head three times for luck before fitting nock to string and letting fly at the ugliest of the two remaining beasties.

Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 10:24 am

The member 'Llama' has done the following action : Roll dice

#1 'd20' :
Eberron One - Page 21 D20_1110

--------------------------------

#2 'd6' :
Eberron One - Page 21 D06_510
Back to top Go down
http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 10:46 am

[IC]
Caby lets another arrow fly, as well.

(let me know what I rolled, Llama?)

(+4 To Hit still)
Back to top Go down
http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 10:46 am

The member 'ehiker133' has done the following action : Roll dice

#1 'd20' :
Eberron One - Page 21 D20_110

#2 'd6' :
Eberron One - Page 21 D06_410
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 10:52 am

ooc - Rolled a 1 to hit, and a 4 damage. No
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 11:04 am

OOC - Bloody hell... I guess there is give and take even in PbP, right? Someone had to make up for Cole's 20/6 from the last round. What was yours? Hopefully the three remaining can take them out before they get a chance to hit us!
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 11:07 am

ooc - I rolled 11/5, hopefully enough to drop one. Jaral's overdue!
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 11:17 am

With your bonuses, that should be a 15 To Hit. Our THAC0 (Sorry, Mike, it's my default method of determining To Hit) is 19, which means you hit AC 4 or higher with that roll.
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 11:57 am

Last one:
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 11:57 am

The member 'Cole' has done the following action : Roll dice

#1 'd20' :

#2 'd6' :
Eberron One - Page 21 D06_610
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 4:07 pm

DM wrote:
The member 'Llama' has done the following action : Roll dice

#1 'd20' :

#2 'd6' :
Eberron One - Page 21 D06_510

Jaral pegs an ugly in the chest, and it falls to the ground, dead!
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 4:21 pm

DM wrote:
The member 'Cole' has done the following action : Roll dice

#1 'd20' :

#2 'd6' :
Eberron One - Page 21 D06_610

Shooting around the pillar, Ducats sends another arrow through the flames, and it thunks into the last goblin's chest! The goblin falls to the floor, dead.

Behind the flames, and about 20 feet beyond where the bodies of 5 goblins lie, riddled with arrows, you see another goblin climbing downward on a rope.

Through the now thickening, acrid smoke of the burning goblin, you see that as Ducats dropped the last of these archers, this other goblin was just setting foot on the stone floor. Even through the smoke, you can tell he is much larger than these others were. When he sees the last of the archers fall dead, he immediately starts climbing back up the rope, and disappears from view into the ceiling!

-end of round
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 4:40 pm

[IC]
Caby cautiously makes her way into the entrance of the room, peaking up at where the rope disappears to get more details about it - does the rope go up into a hole or does it go to the top of a ledge?

Her main goal when making this check is to not expose herself too much to missile fire by the larger goblin in case he's going to try and ambush the party as they enter the cave.

Incidentally, did we happen to notice if the larger goblin had any weapons on him? If so, what?

Another incidentally, if when she creeps forward she can still see the larger goblin as he's climbing the rope, she'll shoot an arrow at him.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 5:06 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
[IC]
Caby cautiously makes her way into the entrance of the room, peaking up at where the rope disappears to get more details about it - does the rope go up into a hole or does it go to the top of a ledge?

Her main goal when making this check is to not expose herself too much to missile fire by the larger goblin in case he's going to try and ambush the party as they enter the cave.

Incidentally, did we happen to notice if the larger goblin had any weapons on him? If so, what?

Another incidentally, if when she creeps forward she can still see the larger goblin as he's climbing the rope, she'll shoot an arrow at him.

He scrambled entirely up the rope during his movement and is no longer visible. The rope is tied to a large brass ring set into the stone flagging on the floor. It goes up into a 3 foot wide hole. The hole in the dirt ceiling is reinforced with wood, contiguous with the large beams set into the soil of the ceiling and walls.

About 10 feet past the rope affair, you see a larger circular hole in middle of the floor. It is probably 6 feet across, and judging from the semi-triangular stone shape protruding into the hole like a piece of dolomite pie, is likely the top of a circular staircase.

The chamber you're in continues past the stair-hole into darkness beyond the light of the burning goblin.
Back to top Go down
Llama

Llama

Pig

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 5:20 pm

Jaral glances up the rope, and visibly relaxes when he sees the other, bigger bad guy is no immediate threat.

"Maybe a moment of peace," he sighs. "Brooner fell... Caby, what have you gotten yourself into? And this damned armor, supposedly the best money could buy, doesn't do a damned thing."

Jaral falls silent. His adrenaline spent, he sinks to the floor and stares over the ravine.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 5:35 pm

[IC]
Also satisfied the larger goblin cannot easily shoot at them, Caby quickly searches the bodies of the dead goblins and collects their weapons at the same time. She'll pile them together over to one side of the entrance. Then she'll collect whatever arrows she can that were spent.

[OOC]
I don't think she has infinite space in her quiver, so she'll just stock up to 30 arrows and then Reeks can pack the rest.

[IC]
She looks at Jaral for a minute in quiet contemplation and finally says, "I'm just trying to do some good. There are people out there, like the villagers in Vom, who cannot fend for themselves. They need help. I want to help people like that. The nomadic life is fine for some, but I just see it as a perpetual state of being. All they do is make enough and harvest enough to get them through the next season. I was to make a more lasting impression in this world." She shrugs, "That is really all there is to it."

She squats down beside him and examines the area where he was shot earlier.

"Your armour is fine, Uncle. Look. It was just a lucky shot." She points to a joint in the armour where the plates don't overlap. "Could have happened to anyone. But their luck has run out now! We are on their tails!" She flashes him a grin.

Then she approaches the edge of the cliff and peers over, looking for Brooner's body.

"We should do something for Brooner's family, if he has any. We'll find them when we get back and give them his 1/2 share. Tagor, can you say a prayer and a few kind words for Brooner?"

Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 5:38 pm

[OOC]
Mike, nothing on what the larger goblin was carrying?

Oh, and did you think any about wound binding?
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 6:44 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
[OOC]
Mike, nothing on what the larger goblin was carrying?

Oh, and did you think any about wound binding?

He seemed to have something slung across his back, and had things dangling from his belt. You couldn't make out more detail due to smoke and flickering light.

Hmm.. ok, binding wounds is a yes. I'll have the binder make a wisdom check, modified by experience with things like being a field nurse. Caby's inherent 'heal' bonus would apply to this. A successful check will give back 1d4 hit points, up to a limit of the total hit points lost within the previous turn. A failed attempt does not prevent someone else from trying, but only one success is allowed until the next time the character is injured.
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 6:52 pm

The oil will continue to burn for a full turn. The goblin corpse is burning also, producing foul acrid smoke. The smoke is being drawn out into the open air of the ravine, so poses only discomfort and annoyance as opposed to an actual health risk.

Reeks stayed out on the bridge for a moment, looking down into the ravine, but has now made it over here to the same side. He says he spotted Brooner down there. Tagor goes near the edge and says a few words to the Host for Brooner.

Cash Money was pretty wary of traversing the rope bridge, but he has made it across as well.

From the goblins, you retrieve:
5 short bows and quivers
5 short swords
2 daggers
4 shields
52 arrows
42 electrum coins
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 6:53 pm

[IC]
Caby attempts to bind wounds on herself from the arrow hit she took in the most recent battle....

Will roll a d4 in case it is successful...
Back to top Go down
DM
Admin
DM

Horse

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 6:53 pm

#1 'd20' :
Eberron One - Page 21 D20_1710

#2 'd4' :
Eberron One - Page 21 D04_210
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 7:34 pm

DM wrote:
Cash Money was pretty wary of traversing the rope bridge, but he has made it across as well.

Oh, good. I was just about to ask if I needed to carry him.
Back to top Go down
Cole

Cole

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 7:35 pm

DM wrote:

Reeks stayed out on the bridge for a moment, looking down into the ravine, but has now made it over here to the same side. He says he spotted Brooner down there. Tagor goes near the edge and says a few words to the Host for Brooner.

Can I see the body? How far down does it seem to be?
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 8:10 pm

DM wrote:

#1 'd20' :
Eberron One - Page 21 D20_1710

#2 'd4' :
Eberron One - Page 21 D04_210

Ok, so that didn't work. Can someone else attempt to bind wounds on me? Need to roll your wis or lower and then a d4...

Otherwise, we might have to go with my plan of holing up until morning when Tagor and I can do healing again to get me and Cole back to full HP.
Back to top Go down
ehiker133

ehiker133

Buffalo

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime16th November 2010, 8:17 pm

[IC]
Caby asks, "Can someone help me with this arrow?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   Eberron One - Page 21 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eberron One
Page 21 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next