Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.
 
HomeFront PageCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Eberron Two

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   30th March 2011, 6:30 pm

Caby approaches the barred area to try and get a better look at what moved in that area. She's also trying to pinpoint the sounds of clashing swords, to see if it is coming from that area or from someplace else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   30th March 2011, 6:47 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby approaches the barred area to try and get a better look at what moved in that area. She's also trying to pinpoint the sounds of clashing swords, to see if it is coming from that area or from someplace else.

As you approach the barred area, you can tell the clashing is coming from elsewhere, probably off to the west somewhere it seems.

You come around a corner in the stable area and see the barred region more fully. It is a room off at the back separated from the rest of the area by bars. A barred door at the right end stands open, and looks like it hasn't been closed in some time. Inside you see workbenches littered with tools and parts. Metal, wood and leather apparatus lie about, and hang from walls and ceiling. A row of 4 warforged stand against one wall, two with obvious parts missing or inner areas exposed.

A short human man with grey hair and wearing a work apron is busy working on another warforged. It stands in place and changes position at the man's instruction as he works on it with tools. You see him from behind, but he seems to be talking while he works.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   4th April 2011, 4:52 pm

Caby approaches the room, standing just outside the doorway, and clears her throat.

"Excuse me... we're looking for Corporal Meier. Do you know where we can find him?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   4th April 2011, 6:06 pm

"By the way," she adds, "are you at all alarmed by the sounds of fighting? Or... is there a practice arena down here?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   4th April 2011, 7:06 pm

The short man turns around quickly, dropping the tool he was using. He is human, grey haired and balding. "Hello.. ya, there is a training place down here. I am Corporal Meier.. you must be de Countess's investigators."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   4th April 2011, 11:59 pm

"That is correct! Were you expecting us?" She looks at him quizzically. "We'd like to talk to you about your work with the warforged, if you have a moment."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   5th April 2011, 1:10 am

ehiker133 wrote:
"That is correct! Were you expecting us?" She looks at him quizzically. "We'd like to talk to you about your work with the warforged, if you have a moment."

"Others have mentioned you. Ya, I have some time. You can talk to me while I finish these repairs."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   5th April 2011, 10:22 am

"You mind if we wander around a bit while we wait?"

She doesn't really wait for a response, but turns and starts trying to find the source of the sword fighting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   5th April 2011, 3:25 pm

"People training, or warforged?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   5th April 2011, 7:21 pm

Cole wrote:
"People training, or warforged?"

"The soldiers, not the warforged."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   5th April 2011, 7:32 pm

As you wander around down here, you soon find a large open stone archway leading into another area (L on the cutaway.) It's from here that the sounds of swordfighting originate. Looking inside, there are two soldiers in chain armor dueling with sabers. Several soldiers sit at chairs and small tables around the walls of this large room, watching the two men. A heavy ironbound door is angled into the far right corner. The room is not as large as the mess hall or mustering hall, but nearly so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   5th April 2011, 7:36 pm

DM wrote:
As you wander around down here, you soon find a large open stone archway leading into another area (L on the cutaway.) It's from here that the sounds of swordfighting originate. Looking inside, there are two soldiers in chain armor dueling with sabers. Several soldiers sit at chairs and small tables around the walls of this large room, watching the two men. A heavy ironbound door is angled into the far right corner. The room is not as large as the mess hall or mustering hall, but nearly so.

Ducats taps at the shoulder of the nearest seated man. "What's past that corner door, then", pointing at it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   5th April 2011, 7:45 pm

Cole wrote:
Ducats taps at the shoulder of the nearest seated man. "What's past that corner door, then", pointing at it.

"Hello sir.. dat is de nortvest shtair."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   8th April 2011, 12:27 am

"Yep, looks like men training..."

After about 15 minutes of watching the training, Caby will head back to talk to Meier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   8th April 2011, 12:32 am

DM wrote:
Cole wrote:
Ducats taps at the shoulder of the nearest seated man. "What's past that corner door, then", pointing at it.

"Hello sir.. dat is de nortvest shtair."

"What's it go up to?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   8th April 2011, 1:38 am

Cole wrote:
"What's it go up to?"

"It let's out next at de mustering hall, den abuff dat it lets out into de mess hall, den abuff dat de gallery and de battlements. You are de inveshtigators, yes?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   8th April 2011, 10:34 am

Caby stops, hearing the question posed by the guard.

"We are. We're trying to figure out what is happening to the warforged. You guys must spend a lot of time down here training... have you noticed anything unusual or irregular that might help us out?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   8th April 2011, 4:42 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby stops, hearing the question posed by the guard.

"We are. We're trying to figure out what is happening to the warforged. You guys must spend a lot of time down here training... have you noticed anything unusual or irregular that might help us out?"

The man, sitting at a small table with another soldier, laughs "der minders are pretty unusual AND irregular." The soldier sitting with him scowls disapprovingly at the one who spoke, saying almost under his breath but loud enough for you to hear "ant one of dem is a lieutenant, in case you haff forgotten."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   12th April 2011, 12:30 am

Caby holds up the sealed warrant.

"And the Countess wants to know what is happening to her warforged. Every time another one goes missing, she loses money, she loses resources, and she falls behind on her work schedules. Your garrison is already short-staffed. Any assistance we receive that results in resolving this issue will be rewarded. Any vacancies that result from this investigation will need to be filled."

She pauses.

"So I ask you again. Do you have any information that would help us with this investigation?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   12th April 2011, 2:11 am

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby holds up the sealed warrant.

"And the Countess wants to know what is happening to her warforged. Every time another one goes missing, she loses money, she loses resources, and she falls behind on her work schedules. Your garrison is already short-staffed. Any assistance we receive that results in resolving this issue will be rewarded. Any vacancies that result from this investigation will need to be filled."

She pauses.

"So I ask you again. Do you have any information that would help us with this investigation?"

The one who scowled very quietly says "Jung ant Meier are both odd. Vith Jung I zuppose it's to be expected, as he's an artificer. Dey both spend a great deal of time in their shop, but at least Jung tries to be social I zuppose. De uzzer just spents all his time in dere verking on dem."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   13th April 2011, 11:17 pm

DM wrote:
ehiker133 wrote:
Caby holds up the sealed warrant.

"And the Countess wants to know what is happening to her warforged. Every time another one goes missing, she loses money, she loses resources, and she falls behind on her work schedules. Your garrison is already short-staffed. Any assistance we receive that results in resolving this issue will be rewarded. Any vacancies that result from this investigation will need to be filled."

She pauses.

"So I ask you again. Do you have any information that would help us with this investigation?"

The one who scowled very quietly says "Jung ant Meier are both odd. Vith Jung I zuppose it's to be expected, as he's an artificer. Dey both spend a great deal of time in their shop, but at least Jung tries to be social I zuppose. De uzzer just spents all his time in dere verking on dem."

Ducats whispers to Caby, "You think Jung has been tinkering with his warforged?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   17th April 2011, 12:12 am

Caby whispers back, "I was thinking something along those lines... but we'd have to do a bit more research. Hey, you and I have both seen the underside of the ship that picked the warforged up. Maybe we could try and get a look at the Countesses' ship and see if it looks familiar to us. They can't be cheap to run, right? So how many of them are there in the area? If Jung is stealing warforged for some other purpose, maybe he's using her airship to do it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   14th May 2011, 2:35 pm

You realise it's been quite some time, and Corporal Meier should surely be done with what he was doing now. Taking into account the fact he said you could question him while he was working, it feels somewhat odd that he hasn't come to find you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   14th May 2011, 10:04 pm

Caby leads the group back to the lab.

"Let's go check on Meier and see what's keeping him so long."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   14th May 2011, 11:34 pm

The door of bars stands open to the cell-like work area. Meier is nowhere to be seen. Additionally, through the wall of bars, you see there are now only two warforged in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Eberron Two   

Back to top Go down
 
Eberron Two
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Basement :: Eberron - Labyrinth Lord :: The Party-
Jump to: