Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.
 
HomeFront PageCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Eberron One

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   11th February 2011, 11:59 pm

"Good luck, Finora. Be safe until the 'morrow. Remember, we're just observing right now."

Caby pulls her cloak tight around her as the wind picks up.

"I hate the winter..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
Llama

avatar

Pig
Posts : 153
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 46
Location : Warrenton, MO

Character sheet
Name: Jaral Barrelstout
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   12th February 2011, 6:55 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
It's like they're always running from something. I want to run to something - anything, really, as long as it is different. That's something neither my mom," she nods at Jaral, "nor my uncle has ever understood."

Jaral sighs. "Oh, silly girl. One day you'll realize that some folks are running to the very things you run from. Until then, I'll leave you to step in all the tribex droppings you choose. Do as you will."

With that he pulls his cloak up around his ears and watches out the back of the cart until reaching his post.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   12th February 2011, 7:47 pm

DM wrote:

1. One works on a marchwall (a hedge with a stone wall at its center, intended to slow down invading forces) west of Vulyar
2. Two work on a ruined building in the southeast section of town. - Ducats
3. One works on a road heading southwest out of Vulyar, about a mile out. The road is labeled 'Fort Bones.'
4. Two work on a barn south of town. - no one
5. One works on a ruined building in the northeast section of town. - Tagor
6. One works on a small road southeast of Vulyar.
7. Two work on a barn east of town.

Your wagon travels back down into town, across the small bridge, and along Wynarn Street to the east edge of town. It turns south a short distance out, and before long you arrive at a work site on a county cart path. The single warforged worker is still here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   12th February 2011, 9:59 pm

"This is my stop."

Caby hops off the cart.

"Good luck, Uncle."

Caby tries to find the best place to hole up for the day, someplace with shelter that lets her stay hidden but observe the warforged. She'll nap periodically during the day-time hours so she can be more watchful at night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   13th February 2011, 2:39 am

Albrecht has the wagon turn around and head back north again, toward the Orien Trade Road. When it reaches the cobbled high road, it turns right to go east, then after a short distance turns left off the road and heads north again on another cart path. After a bumpy ride, you arrive at a farm with a large damaged barn.

DM wrote:

1. One works on a marchwall (a hedge with a stone wall at its center, intended to slow down invading forces) west of Vulyar
2. Two work on a ruined building in the southeast section of town. - Ducats
3. One works on a road heading southwest out of Vulyar, about a mile out. The road is labeled 'Fort Bones.'
4. Two work on a barn south of town. - no one
5. One works on a ruined building in the northeast section of town. - Tagor
6. One works on a small road southeast of Vulyar.
7. Two work on a barn east of town.

The Lt. checks over the 2 warforged, and decides to swap out one of them for one of those that came with you in the wagon. While you are at the barn, a man who you deduce to be the farmer comes out and speaks with Albrecht for a few minutes. He seems irritated that the work is not done yet, and wants to know why more workers cannot be assigned to help. The Lt. explains that there are many badly damaged places in the area, and only so many warforged to go around, adding that some are required at the garrison as well. The farmer, looking at the 'forged in the back of the wagon, seems to think that's a 'load of road apples' but gives up, laughing it off and telling Albrecht to stay warm.

When it becomes clear to him that Jaral is remaining here, the farmer comes over and asks "and are you here to help with repairs as well, master halfling?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Llama

avatar

Pig
Posts : 153
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 46
Location : Warrenton, MO

Character sheet
Name: Jaral Barrelstout
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   13th February 2011, 9:51 am

Jaral offers his hand and introduces himself. "My name is Jaral Barrelstout. I'm here to keep an eye on the 'Forged workers and report back any strange behaviors."

Jaral lowers his voice and leans in to his new confidante. "Have you noticed any strange behavior with these two 'Forged? Talking instead of working, wandering around, that kind of thing?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   13th February 2011, 1:12 pm

Llama wrote:
Jaral offers his hand and introduces himself. "My name is Jaral Barrelstout. I'm here to keep an eye on the 'Forged workers and report back any strange behaviors."

Jaral lowers his voice and leans in to his new confidante. "Have you noticed any strange behavior with these two 'Forged? Talking instead of working, wandering around, that kind of thing?"

He shakes your hand "Vernor.. dis is my place here." He whispers conspiratorially "not exactly as you say, but I don't trust dem. I'm glat you're here to keep an eye on dem. Of course, dey aren't as bad as the old veterans.. you know, the after-goers."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Llama

avatar

Pig
Posts : 153
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 46
Location : Warrenton, MO

Character sheet
Name: Jaral Barrelstout
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   13th February 2011, 2:28 pm

"Good to meet you, Verner. I don't know the term 'after-goers'. Who or what are after-goers?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   13th February 2011, 8:43 pm

Llama wrote:
"Good to meet you, Verner. I don't know the term 'after-goers'. Who or what are after-goers?"

"The old veterans are de ones dey bring up from the ground.. the dead."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Llama

avatar

Pig
Posts : 153
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 46
Location : Warrenton, MO

Character sheet
Name: Jaral Barrelstout
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   14th February 2011, 9:27 am

"Oh yes! I'd rather work with the 'Forged as well." Jaral looks around. "Verner, do you know of a spot where I might keep an eye on the 'Forged, but be out of view?"

ooc: And assuming Verner points out a nice place to sit, Jaral will settle in there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   14th February 2011, 11:39 am

Llama wrote:
"Oh yes! I'd rather work with the 'Forged as well." Jaral looks around. "Verner, do you know of a spot where I might keep an eye on the 'Forged, but be out of view?"

ooc: And assuming Verner points out a nice place to sit, Jaral will settle in there.

"Yes, yes.. here, come wit me." He shows you into his farmhouse, introduces you to his wife, and takes you into his study/den. He sets you up in a comfortable old chair in front of a window with a good view of the barn and the warforged. Throughout the day his wife brings you hot tea and baked goods for your stake-out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Llama

avatar

Pig
Posts : 153
Join date : 2010-11-07
Age : 46
Location : Warrenton, MO

Character sheet
Name: Jaral Barrelstout
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   14th February 2011, 11:51 am

ooc: SCORE!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   14th February 2011, 12:20 pm

Caby shivers as a cold breeze blows into her face. She wraps her fur-lined cloak tighter around herself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   14th February 2011, 2:48 pm

At all of your locations a few people pass by and come & go throughout the day. The warforged work without pausing. Some people ignore them, some avoid them, and during part of the day at the locations in town and Jaral's barn, people arrive to work also.

The sun sets, and a chilly overcast night settles over the area. The clouds block the stars and the Ring of Siberys (which is similar to the Milky Way, but brighter, and usually partly dark/invisible due to Eberron blocking the sunlight) making it very dark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   14th February 2011, 3:21 pm

Caby fights off sleep and actively tries to remain hidden while she watches over the warforged worker making the road repairs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   15th February 2011, 6:30 pm

Cole wrote:
Ducats perches inside one of the upper incomplete stories and covers up in his cape to wait. He leaves Cash at ground level to bark if there's troubte, and secures a rope so he can quickly rappell down if need be.

It's the middle of the night, about 1.30am according to the tolling of the iron bell in the church tower. The warforged have worked without pause the entire time you've watched them. Suddenly, Cash begins to growl. He takes a step in the direction of one of the alleys, eastward (the earlier picture is looking north) and then stops. You don't see any movement in that direction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   16th February 2011, 3:12 pm

DM wrote:
Cole wrote:
Ducats perches inside one of the upper incomplete stories and covers up in his cape to wait. He leaves Cash at ground level to bark if there's troubte, and secures a rope so he can quickly rappell down if need be.

It's the middle of the night, about 1.30am according to the tolling of the iron bell in the church tower. The warforged have worked without pause the entire time you've watched them. Suddenly, Cash begins to growl. He takes a step in the direction of one of the alleys, eastward (the earlier picture is looking north) and then stops. You don't see any movement in that direction.

Can I get down to ground level inside the building?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   16th February 2011, 3:43 pm

Cole wrote:

Can I get down to ground level inside the building?

Yes. Down through the building will take 2 rounds (LL uses the short rounds) while down the rope would take part of 1 round.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   16th February 2011, 3:45 pm

DM wrote:
Cole wrote:

Can I get down to ground level inside the building?

Yes. Down through the building will take 2 rounds (LL uses the short rounds) while down the rope would take part of 1 round.

Would Ducats be visible to someone in the alley while climbing down the rope? If not, he will quietly rappel down the rope. If that would leave him in plain sight he'll sneak down inside.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   16th February 2011, 6:43 pm

Ducats makes his way down through the inside of the building to the ground floor. Cash calms down a bit, but continues to look toward the alleyway. Suddenly, an object comes sailing out of the shadows, landing about ten feet in front of Cash. It looks like an old shoe. Cash looks at it, but stands his ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   16th February 2011, 8:18 pm

DM wrote:
Ducats makes his way down through the inside of the building to the ground floor. Cash calms down a bit, but continues to look toward the alleyway. Suddenly, an object comes sailing out of the shadows, landing about ten feet in front of Cash. It looks like an old shoe. Cash looks at it, but stands his ground.

Ducats signals cash to back away from the thrown object then moves sideways, with an arrow nocked, to see if he can get a look at the thrower.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   16th February 2011, 9:54 pm

As you do so, you indeed see something. Moving slowly out of the shadows, and directly toward Cash, you see the following:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   16th February 2011, 9:56 pm

DM wrote:
As you do so, you indeed see something. Moving slowly out of the shadows, and directly toward Cash, you see the following:

How big is it? I'll slowly move back, with my bow trained on it, indicating to Cash to heel to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   16th February 2011, 10:51 pm

Cole wrote:
DM wrote:
As you do so, you indeed see something. Moving slowly out of the shadows, and directly toward Cash, you see the following:

How big is it? I'll slowly move back, with my bow trained on it, indicating to Cash to heel to me.

About 6 and a half feet tall. Cash backs toward you. The figure follows Cash for about two more steps, then stops. It looks over toward the warforged, who are still working, apparently oblivious.

Suddenly, the figure crouches and then springs upward. It jumps up beyond where your vision is blocked by the edge of the ruined ceiling, and you hear it land on the floor above. Masonry, pebbles and dust fall down through the air to the ground just in front of the building.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   16th February 2011, 10:56 pm

DM wrote:
Cole wrote:
DM wrote:
As you do so, you indeed see something. Moving slowly out of the shadows, and directly toward Cash, you see the following:

How big is it? I'll slowly move back, with my bow trained on it, indicating to Cash to heel to me.

About 6 and a half feet tall. Cash backs toward you. The figure follows Cash for about two more steps, then stops. It looks over toward the warforged, who are still working, apparently oblivious.

Suddenly, the figure crouches and then springs upward. It jumps up beyond where your vision is blocked by the edge of the ruined ceiling, and you hear it land on the floor above. Masonry, pebbles and dust fall down through the air to the ground just in front of the building.

Ducats hustles into the building an makes for the stairs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   

Back to top Go down
 
Eberron One
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Basement :: Eberron - Labyrinth Lord :: The Party-
Jump to: