Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.
 
HomeFront PageCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Eberron One

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   4th February 2011, 6:27 pm

There are 1d4+1 extra blankets in the room..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   4th February 2011, 6:27 pm

The member 'DM' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd4' :
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
SpaceMonkeyX

avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2011-01-04
Location : St. Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Finora the Wolf Slayer
Race: Human
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   4th February 2011, 7:14 pm

Finora also removes her armor and prepares to settle in as well. A chill runs through her bones.

Anyone mind if I start a fire?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spacemonkeyx.com
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   4th February 2011, 8:50 pm

Caby turns and looks over her shoulder and says, "Yeah, go ahead."

She turns back to face the wall and closes her eyes and goes to sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
SpaceMonkeyX

avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2011-01-04
Location : St. Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Finora the Wolf Slayer
Race: Human
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   4th February 2011, 9:16 pm

Finora sets up the hearth with kindling and starts to click and clack away with her flint and steel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spacemonkeyx.com
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   4th February 2011, 10:40 pm

SpaceMonkeyX wrote:
Finora sets up the hearth with kindling and starts to click and clack away with her flint and steel.

Before long you have enough kindling going to light the coals in the brazier, and after a bit of work you have the coals stoked to last the night. Out of curiosity, who takes the bed? Does anyone want to do anything else before extinguishing the torch and candles and bedding down for the night?

Tagor does his evening prayers to the Sovereign Host over in a corner, stacks his belongings and, taking one of the spare blankets, curls up on the (wooden) floor for the night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   4th February 2011, 11:09 pm

DM wrote:
Out of curiosity, who takes the bed? Does anyone want to do anything else before extinguishing the torch and candles and bedding down for the night?

Caby doesn't take the bed - she's used to sleeping on the ground. Ducats or Jaral can take it and the rest of us will just take an extra blanket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
SpaceMonkeyX

avatar

Posts : 66
Join date : 2011-01-04
Location : St. Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Finora the Wolf Slayer
Race: Human
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   4th February 2011, 11:13 pm

Finora moves closer to the fire, preferring the warmth and sense of security it brings. Something about it stirs a distance memory in her mind, but it is too far away for her to hold for very long. Soon, she drifts off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.spacemonkeyx.com
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   6th February 2011, 1:14 am

(We can probably assume Jaral and Ducats are just going to sleep, as well... Maybe we'll leave a candle or two burning for light?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   6th February 2011, 1:16 am

ehiker133 wrote:
(We can probably assume Jaral and Ducats are just going to sleep, as well... Maybe we'll leave a candle or two burning for light?)

Ducats can get a nights sleep upside down if it comes to that. He'll just lie on the floor, probably using the dog as a "pillow."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   6th February 2011, 11:00 am

You are awakened early by a knock on the door. It takes a moment to realise it isn't the door to the stairwell through which you entered last night, but rather the door on the other wall. It's the same sergeant from last night. You find that this door leads directly onto the large, high-ceilinged mess hall. The walls here are resplendent with banners and tapestries, and the large tables are filled with breakfasting soldiers (numbering somewhere between 15 and 20 men.)

The sergeant gives you a pitcher of fresh water, a basin and a cake of soap. He also shows you how to get to the 'garderobe.'

During the course of the morning, you discover this sergeant's name is Matthias. There are two other sergeants at the garrison as well, one in charge of each section of human soldiers, Sgt. Becker and Sgt. Lenz. Matthias seems to be higher ranking than either, and a sort of assistant to Captain Thul. Breakfast is served by 2 warforged, neither of whom seem to ever speak. You also see two men by whose rank insignia Ducats identifies as lieutenants. You gather from the talk that one is in charge of, and perhaps caretaker for, the warforged units at the garrison. The other's position is unclear, but it seems he may be 2nd in command of the garrison judging from the deference shown to him by the soldiers. There are 3 women, all of them soldiers, and all the soldiers are human.

After breakfast, Matthias introduces you to Lt. Albrecht Jung, the man in charge of the two warforged sections, and explains that you will be accompanying him on his rounds in the countryside this morning. He also shows Tagor up to the garrison's chapel.

After you're all ready, you are escorted via the spiral stair off the room in which you slept back down through to the big mustering hall. Two soldiers are there, fully kitted out and on horseback, and Albrecht is there as well, though he is on foot. "Right then.. you can ride in the wagon with me, there should be room." He then leads you back outdoors.

The day is thinly overcast but bright. A thick blanket of snow covers everything, turning the entire landscape to a brilliant, blinding white. You are immediately thankful for your winter cloaks. Outside you see a large, open wagon hitched to 4 huge draft horses. Sitting in the back of the wagon are 5 warforged, with another forged sitting at the reins. The lieutenant mounts the seat at the front, sitting next to the forged holding the reins, and invites you to climb aboard as the two mounted soldiers start to take up position as outriders.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   6th February 2011, 9:39 pm

We'll climb on in and settle down to make the rounds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   7th February 2011, 1:51 am

DM wrote:

1. One works on a marchwall (a hedge with a stone wall at its center, intended to slow down invading forces) west of Vulyar.
2. Two work on a ruined building in the southeast section of town.
3. One works on a road heading southwest out of Vulyar, about a mile out. The road is labeled 'Fort Bones.'
4. Two work on a barn south of town.
5. One works on a ruined building in the northeast section of town.
6. One works on a small road southeast of Vulyar.
7. Two work on a barn east of town.

The horses blow clouds of steam into the morning air as you head back in toward Vulyar, which seems far closer in the daylight than it did last night. Arriving in town, you turn right, down a narrow snow covered street, and soon arrive at a small cemetery. Lying hemmed in by the buildings all around it, It is surrounded by very old stone walls topped with wrought iron. You can see the black branches of bare trees within.

Albrecht guides the wagon along a narrow lane, passing the large wrought iron cemetery gates. In the odd echoing muffle caused by the snow, you hear the dull sounds of masonry. Soon you arrive at a single warforged working on repairing a large breach in the cemetery wall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   7th February 2011, 10:24 am

Caby looks at Tagor and says, "This is one of the three spots unspoken for Tagor. You want this one? Or one of the other two?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   7th February 2011, 1:29 pm

"What happened that breached that wall?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   7th February 2011, 1:39 pm

ehiker133 wrote:
Caby looks at Tagor and says, "This is one of the three spots unspoken for Tagor. You want this one? Or one of the other two?"

"I think this one. I'll stay at this one, I mean. It's appropriate, I suppose. I can look around through the grounds to see if there is a small chapel here, since the cemetery doesn't seem to be attached directly to a church. During the rest of the day, once there are more people around, I think I can find my way back to the inn to get something to eat, if you think that would be a good idea. I wonder if I should try to nap here today so I can stay awake during the night."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   7th February 2011, 1:49 pm

Cole wrote:
"What happened that breached that wall?"

Albrecht looks toward where the 'forged is mortaring a new stone into place. He looks a bit uncomfortable. "They said it was an attempt by the elves to prevent us from getting reinforcements."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Cole

avatar

Posts : 191
Join date : 2010-10-15

Character sheet
Name: Ducats Deneith
Race: Human
Class: Thief

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   7th February 2011, 1:52 pm

DM wrote:
Cole wrote:
"What happened that breached that wall?"

Albrecht looks toward where the 'forged is mortaring a new stone into place. He looks a bit uncomfortable. "They said it was an attempt by the elves to prevent us from getting reinforcements."

"Did the elves actually take any bodies?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   7th February 2011, 2:29 pm

DM wrote:
"I think this one. I'll stay at this one, I mean. It's appropriate, I suppose. I can look around through the grounds to see if there is a small chapel here, since the cemetery doesn't seem to be attached directly to a church. During the rest of the day, once there are more people around, I think I can find my way back to the inn to get something to eat, if you think that would be a good idea. I wonder if I should try to nap here today so I can stay awake during the night."

"Well, yeah, I figured you might have an affinity towards staying here. Or, at least, I have an aversion towards it! We'll all probably need to figure out some way of sleeping a bit during the day so we can stay awake at night. It seems like the disappearances all happen at night, so that's when we'll need to be on our guard."

OOC: They mostly come out at night. Mostly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   7th February 2011, 6:42 pm

Cole wrote:
DM wrote:
Cole wrote:
"What happened that breached that wall?"

Albrecht looks toward where the 'forged is mortaring a new stone into place. He looks a bit uncomfortable. "They said it was an attempt by the elves to prevent us from getting reinforcements."

"Did the elves actually take any bodies?"

One of the outriders speaks up at this, saying "I don't tink zo, I don't remember hearink dat any of de grafes were dishturbed.. it vas actually a caffalry unit dat shtopped de elfs.. dey vent back to Vedyakar aftervard. De leftenant vasn't here yet den."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   7th February 2011, 6:56 pm

Lt. Jung quickly checks over the warforged working on the cemetery wall. Declaring him sound, the Lt. gets back up on the wagon and asks "are we ready? We'll go to the other site in town before heading back out into de county."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   7th February 2011, 11:18 pm

"Tagor, don't do anything dangerous; we just want to see what happens to the Warforged - we aren't expected to stop anything right now, ok?"

Caby hops back onto the wagon with the rest of the party and says, "Ok, we're ready."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   9th February 2011, 12:02 am

Tagor nods and you're on your way. At the direction of Lt. Jung, the warforged driving the wagon threads his way south along the streets of Vulyar, crossing the main east/west road (Wynarn Street) at one point, and heading into the southeast section of the town.

You arrive in a still-devastated area, with 2 warforged working on several buildings. The Lt. explains that this area was pounded by trebuchet from the hills south of town.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
ehiker133

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 559
Join date : 2010-10-16
Age : 44
Location : Saint Peters, MO

Character sheet
Name: Caby Darkbriar
Race: Halfling
Class: Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   9th February 2011, 11:53 am

Caby says, "This is your spot, Ducats. Looks like plenty of places for you to hole up and keep an eye on the warforged without being observed."

OOC: Ummm... we never indicated any plan for what to do after our observation is over. Can we assume we decided to meet up back at the inn or that we'd get picked up during a supply round by some of the soldiers or... what? Should we figure out something now and get a message back to Tagor?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.greystonegreen.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   9th February 2011, 3:50 pm

You gather from the Lt. that he makes this tour of the work sites every morning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Eberron One   

Back to top Go down
 
Eberron One
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Basement :: Eberron - Labyrinth Lord :: The Party-
Jump to: