Mike's Basement, a forum for playing Mike's D and D games. Click 'Index' for the posts and games, click 'Portal' for a website front page.
 
HomeFront PageCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Cannibals 1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Cannibals 1   19th September 2010, 2:32 pm

The party has just defeated Baratis, the former High Priest of the Temple of Hades in the city of Dylath-Leen in the Dreamlands. Many of the priests and acolytes were killed as well, but the handful surviving have sworn allegiance to Hannibal. He told them he wouldn't be remaining in the Dreamlands, but would appoint a seneschal, and would then come back frequently to oversee the temple.

The party then headed down a corridor opening near the back and to the side of the of the main temple room, or naos. The first door they came to, on the right side of the corridor, let into the private chambers of the High Priest, and they are in there now.

There is a large, black-canopied bed in a raised alcove to one side of this large room. The room itself is 20 feet from door to back wall, and 30 feet from the stairs on the left which lead up into the sleeping alcove to the wall on the right where a immense black walnut desk sits. Rich brocade carpets line the stone floor, and paintings in ornate gilded frames cover the walls. A private altar is in the middle of the 30 foot wall opposite the door, and huge dark wooden bookcases, filled with ponderous tomes, lie to either side of it. Near the middle of the room, but closer to the alcove area, is a 4 foot high column with a statue on top of it. The statue is 2 feet tall, and seems to be made of solid onyx. It depicts a very gaunt, yet powerful-seeming man lazing upon a throne.

Tom just tried to pick up the statue, but as soon as he touched it he drew his hands back again, seeming to be slightly out of breath for just a moment.

Also in the room are: Boniface, Nanigata, Nasha, Moraine, Ahor, Hannibal, Jack, Nigia, Angelika, Edrick, Varg
Remaining out in the main temple are: The Unfaithful, Beleg

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
kergan

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-09-14
Age : 44

PostSubject: hannibal will check out the books, looking for anything that might be useful to figure out who and what is going on around us.   20th September 2010, 7:18 pm

DM wrote:
The party has just defeated Baratis, the former High Priest of the Temple of Hades in the city of Dylath-Leen in the Dreamlands. Many of the priests and acolytes were killed as well, but the handful surviving have sworn allegiance to Hannibal. He told them he wouldn't be remaining in the Dreamlands, but would appoint a seneschal, and would then come back frequently to oversee the temple.

The party then headed down a corridor opening near the back and to the side of the of the main temple room, or naos. The first door they came to, on the right side of the corridor, let into the private chambers of the High Priest, and they are in there now.

There is a large, black-canopied bed in a raised alcove to one side of this large room. The room itself is 20 feet from door to back wall, and 30 feet from the stairs on the left which lead up into the sleeping alcove to the wall on the right where a immense black walnut desk sits. Rich brocade carpets line the stone floor, and paintings in ornate gilded frames cover the walls. A private altar is in the middle of the 30 foot wall opposite the door, and huge dark wooden bookcases, filled with ponderous tomes, lie to either side of it. Near the middle of the room, but closer to the alcove area, is a 4 foot high column with a statue on top of it. The statue is 2 feet tall, and seems to be made of solid onyx. It depicts a very gaunt, yet powerful-seeming man lazing upon a throne.

Tom just tried to pick up the statue, but as soon as he touched it he drew his hands back again, seeming to be slightly out of breath for just a moment.

Also in the room are: Boniface, Nanigata, Nasha, Moraine, Ahor, Hannibal, Jack, Nigia, Angelika, Edrick, Varg
Remaining out in the main temple are: The Unfaithful, Beleg

Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Cannibals 1   20th September 2010, 8:57 pm

In examining this library of Baratis, you find, not surprisingly, a great deal of information on The Underworld and about Hades himself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Cannibals 1   20th September 2010, 8:57 pm

The member 'DM' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd20' :
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Cannibals 1   20th September 2010, 9:11 pm

You also find a handful of books that seem to deal with the question of new or emergent gods, and from where they originate. One book supposes a connexion between this question and altars and worship dedicated to The Unnamed God. One of these altars is said by this book to exist near an ancient temple of Artemis.

Interestingly, you also discover among these books the location of an entrance into The Underworld from the mortal world. The specific mortal world isn't named, however, and these books seem to have their origins (or at least the origin of their knowledge) on many different worlds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
kergan

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-09-14
Age : 44

PostSubject: I will take a smaller of the books that deal with Hades, and the one about how to get into the underworld. After that check out the statue without touching it. if the rest of the party starts taking off, follow them.    21st September 2010, 6:02 am

DM wrote:
You also find a handful of books that seem to deal with the question of new or emergent gods, and from where they originate. One book supposes a connexion between this question and altars and worship dedicated to The Unnamed God. One of these altars is said by this book to exist near an ancient temple of Artemis.

Interestingly, you also discover among these books the location of an entrance into The Underworld from the mortal world. The specific mortal world isn't named, however, and these books seem to have their origins (or at least the origin of their knowledge) on many different worlds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kergan

avatar

Buffalo
Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-09-14
Age : 44

PostSubject: side bar question: who is the leader of our group?   21st September 2010, 6:03 am

kergan wrote:
DM wrote:
You also find a handful of books that seem to deal with the question of new or emergent gods, and from where they originate. One book supposes a connexion between this question and altars and worship dedicated to The Unnamed God. One of these altars is said by this book to exist near an ancient temple of Artemis.

Interestingly, you also discover among these books the location of an entrance into The Underworld from the mortal world. The specific mortal world isn't named, however, and these books seem to have their origins (or at least the origin of their knowledge) on many different worlds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nanigata

avatar

Snake
Posts : 20
Join date : 2010-09-04
Age : 40
Location : England

Character sheet
Name: Nanigata
Race: Human
Class: Fighter/Thief

PostSubject: Nanigata   22nd September 2010, 12:06 am

Nanigata will go examine the big desk. Checkking out the top for anything that may look important. Then if i can get Kesha or someone to examine the drawers for traps first. I will start examining them. Checking for false bottoms or secret drawers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Cannibals 1   22nd September 2010, 3:02 am

Jason wrote:
Nanigata will go examine the big desk. Checkking out the top for anything that may look important. Then if i can get Kesha or someone to examine the drawers for traps first. I will start examining them. Checking for false bottoms or secret drawers.

Kesha is still out in the main room, helping keep an eye on the recently appropriated clergy, and in case anyone might wander into the temple [like Siluse for example Smile ]

Nasha checks the desk for traps with the roll below. Then go ahead and roll a d20 for your own examination.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Cannibals 1   22nd September 2010, 3:02 am

The member 'DM' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd20' :
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Cannibals 1   22nd September 2010, 3:03 am

Nasha says "no traps that I could find."


by the way, in 3rd edition and beyond, and in Pathfinder, you always want to roll high on everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Nanigata

avatar

Snake
Posts : 20
Join date : 2010-09-04
Age : 40
Location : England

Character sheet
Name: Nanigata
Race: Human
Class: Fighter/Thief

PostSubject: roll the dice   22nd September 2010, 6:50 am

come on high roll
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: roll the dice   22nd September 2010, 6:50 am

The member 'Jason' has done the following action : Roll dice

'd20' :
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Cannibals 1   22nd September 2010, 7:28 am

The desk only yields up some ink, a few pens, and a very wide variety of apparently useless letters, records and notes. One parchment on the top of the desk has the name of the inn where you're all staying, as well as a few comments about Hannibal. It's clear that Baratis was more worried about Hannibal's charismatic effect on the small knot of followers of Hades here in Dylath-Leen than about any attention the group may have been drawing. It seems he was quite upset about Hannibal being able to use more powerful magic than his own.

You also gather from some of the papers that Dylath-Leen is home to hundreds of small dark cults and religions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
DM
Admin
avatar

Horse
Posts : 938
Join date : 2010-09-03
Age : 50
Location : Michigan

Character sheet
Name: Billaro
Race: Human
Class: Mage

PostSubject: Re: Cannibals 1   25th September 2010, 3:18 pm

Quote :
I will take a smaller of the books that deal with Hades, and the one about how to get into the underworld. After that check out the statue without touching it.

You take the two books, putting them in your backpack [?] In examining the statue, you are certain it is a representation of Hades himself. You also sense a pervading and palpable aura of death surrounding it. The figure is gaunt almost to the point of being skeletal, as is befitting a deity of death, but the muscles which are present give the impression of being as wiry and strong as iron cables. He lazes upon the throne in a pose both nearly dead, yet reminiscent of a relaxing panther. You're not able to see any sort of unusual physical qualities, such as hidden catches or the like, other than the otherworldly contradictory quality of some of Hades' characteristics.

As Hannibal examines the statue, one of the surviving priests arrives at the door with Kesha close behind him. He bows deeply, asking "have you found your apartments to your liking, High Priest?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://migellito.blogspot.com/
Nanigata

avatar

Snake
Posts : 20
Join date : 2010-09-04
Age : 40
Location : England

Character sheet
Name: Nanigata
Race: Human
Class: Fighter/Thief

PostSubject: Trust   30th October 2010, 7:44 pm

I will move over closer to Hannibal and wisper "Do you think they can be trusted? After all we did just kill most of them and thier High Priest!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Cannibals 1   

Back to top Go down
 
Cannibals 1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» A Cannibals Toolkit

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Basement :: The Cannibals - AD&D :: The Cannibals-
Jump to: